Total Pageviews

14 March 2011

Writing

Out of boredom at work, I began reading an AARP magazine and found an article about self-publishing.  I have no clue about any of this but thought it might be a place to start other than writing on this blog. I actually wrote to someone I know who is writing a book right now on how to write a book. People have always told me to just write but my perfectionism always gets in the way as I edit what I write or half way through the writing realize it is stupid and stop, never to pick up the keyboard again.  We’ll see if this person writes back to me. I also wrote an email to a columnist at the Boston Globe to see if she will write something about cauda equina syndrome.  I think I have a 98% chance of her writing back to me, if that.  I would really love to write a book about people’s stories about CES, how they got it, deal with it, etc but it never comes to fruition. I talk about it in the group but after a week or two, people move on to something else and the subject stops cold.  For those that have written about it, I usually keep their emails in the hope that I actually have the time to put this together, all I will need is their consent to publish.
On the comings of my life currently, last week was hell. Not only did I spend more time driving all over creation, but pain was bothering me big time, my father’s MRI results were not good, and my eyesight in one of my eyes is bad and something neurological is affecting my visual field.  I had called my neuro and she is out of the office until later this week so tomorrow I am going to call my PCP and demand an MRI as I seriously think my L5-S1 disc is on its way out or the inflammation of my S4 has gotten worse. But that doesn’t make any sense as its in the sacrum. Stress wouldn’t affect it directly and it’s not like I’m falling on my tailbone or having some trauma to that area. I really need to get the MRI I had last year and see what is up, course with them not giving me contrast, it will be difficult to see new damage vs old.  Sad I know all this shit. Like one of the docs that has joined the group said, sometimes having this knowledge is not good!

No comments:

Post a Comment