Total Pageviews

07 February 2011

Death of a good man


Found out today that my godfather passed away due to a blood clot. It happened so sudden and his wife was real freaked out as he died right in front of her. She was in shock when I talked with her, not that I blame her. She is a good woman. She was more concerned with us than with herself.
After I talked with her, I watched the superbowl game. I guess it was to get my mind of losing my Godfather who I loved very much. I just talked with him around Thanksgiving. I feel really bad now that I didn’t get to see him around Christmas like I had hoped to.  My godfather was a funny fellow. He would talk with such intelligence and seriousness and yet still get what you were saying. His mind wasn’t what it used to be. I would have to tell him who I was and what I was doing every time I called as he didn’t remember. Alzheimer’s is like that.  It runs in my family on both sides so I know the chances are great that I may have the gene for it. 
I called out for half this week. I am more depressed than I was and I just can’t function right now when I know I have a wake and funeral to go to.  I want to be there for my godfather’s wife but my car is in the shop so there is no way of me getting there.  She lives in Westwood, which isn’t close to Boston.  I guess I will just have to see what to do.  I’m just glad he didn’t suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment