Total Pageviews

21 February 2011

Pain again



Just want to write a bit as my leg is keeping me up again. I was tempted to go to the ER tonight as I could barely walk to the garage. Once the cold air hit my leg, the pain got worse so pretty much had to take baby steps. I know it's because snow is going to fall tomorrow. I wish it would start now and be done with it so the pain switch would be "off".  I really don't think the ER would have done much and I would have been there for hours as the ED was busy. There were already 6 ambulances in the lot so I would have been seen hours later as I was not "critical".

I know part of this is my "fault" because I haven't been taking neurontin all week. I just take it when I need to but I think I need to start taking it every day. It's ghard though because I need to get up early some days and it gives me a hangover if I don't "sleep it off".  I am getting so frustrated with this pain because it just is driving me nuts, even with taking vicoden. But even vicoden doesn't seem to work for me anymore. It helps when I have back pain but does shit for nerve pain. I told one doc who wanted to remove my toe nail on my bad foot that he could give me morphine, oxy, or whatever strong pain med there is and it ain't going to do shit for my nerve pain. He looked at me like I was a druggie and tore up the script for percocet. Never got my toenail removed either. 

What really pissed me off is I was hobbling around work and one of the older ladies I work with wanted me to stay. By 1030, I couldn't stand the pain anymore. It felt like my sneaker was trying to eat my foot off and the side of my leg is so bad I couldn't bear weight on it any more. I had taken 300 of neurontin but it didn't help at all.  I really need to take a day and just pop 3-4 pills every couple of hours. It will get me "stoned" but it will take away the pain for a few days at least.  I've been working so many days in a row
Now i've lost track. Bad I know but my job is important as the samples need to get prcessed or at least separated until they get processed.

No comments:

Post a Comment